TouchType has released SwiftKey 3 out of beta. The app has gone through an extensive public beta and is now available from the Google Play Store.
It is a free upgrade for the users who paid for the previous versions. TouchType is running a discounted sale on the new update right now.
* Smart Space – adding to SwiftKey’s already cutting edge correction, Smart Space detects mistyped or omitted spaces across strings of sloppily typed words in real-time.
* Two new themes – a new theme, ‘Cobalt’, to match SwiftKey’s new look and feel, and an Ice Cream Sandwich-styled ‘Holo’ theme, as voted for by you.
* An enhanced UI – a much larger space bar and smart punctuation key help improve accuracy and make it quick and easy to access common punctuation.
* Additional languages – SwiftKey 3 now offers support for an additional seven languages, bringing the total up to 42. The new languages are Korean, Estonian, Farsi, Icelandic, Latvian, Lithuanian and Serbian.
Improvements made during the beta testing phase:
* A dedicated comma key, and the <123> key in the bottom-left corner.
* A refined Smart Punctuation pop-up for better, more consistent behavior.
* An improved Smart Space functionality for easier email addresses and URL entry.
* Reduced lag on some devices for a more responsive experience.
* A reintroduction of the long-press duration setting by popular request.
* Further improved prediction algorithms for even more accurate next word suggestions.
* Refined gestures for a smoother experience.