The company said that the app should work with most devices running Android 2.1 or better.
The app allows the user to control their Roku boxes using their smartphones.
The Android edition comes loaded with all enhancements that were added to the iOS app recently.
• Launch or rate any Roku channel with a tap of your finger.
• Use a touch remote control. Includes instant replay, back and options buttons as well as a keyboard for text entry.
• Easily browse hundreds of channels and games in the Roku Channel Store.
• Quickly add and remove channels to/from your Roku player.
• Control and switch between multiple Roku players.
The app is available as a free download from the Google Android market.