Google announced earlier this week that they are shutting down Google+ Photos platform to focus entirely on the recently launched Google Photos ecosystem.
This did not impress the users of Google Photos as the app still lack a lot of features that were present in Google+ Photos and even Picasa Web.
Anyways, the good news is that the Google Photos app for Android has received an update today that comes with a bunch of new functionality.
Users get more options to manage their albums and add description to their photos.
– Change cover photos on your albums
– Add and remove photos from an album from the same screen
– Add, edit, and view descriptions for individual photos
– Tap-and-hold a date header to select all photos from that day
– Pull down anytime to exit search
– Bug fixes and performance improvements