Google has announced that the new look on Google Docs and Google Sites is now permanent.
It is enabled on all accounts now and the older user interface has been removed.
The company highlighted the changes:
Major changes to your Documents List include –
– The Upload button is now an icon rather than a text button. It shows an up-arrow coming out of a hard drive.
– To access the Narrow by options, click the down arrow in the search box at the top of your window.
– To create a doc from a template, click the Create button, and select From template….
Major changes to Docs, Spreadsheets, and Sites include –
– Click the Share button to share your item with other people or modify the sharing settings. Options such as Publish to a web page and Email collaborators have moved to the File menu.
– The Share button will now show the visibility state of your doc when you mouse over it.
– Since Google Docs continuously saves your work, the Save button has been removed. The last updated time now shows near the menu bar.
– There’s now a button that lets you navigate back to your Documents List, in place of the Google Docs logo. Mouse over the doc name, and click the left arrow icon to get back to your Documents List.