Privet is focused entirely on cloud services to make it easier for them to connect with local devices.
One good case use for this new protocol is printers that can be connected directed by cloud services like Google Cloud Print.
The goals of the Privet protocol are:
- make cloud devices locally discoverable
- register cloud devices with a cloud service
- associate registered devices with their cloud representation
- enable offline functionality
- simplify implementation so that small devices can utilize it